Campus Celebrity: Robert Sowerbrower

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Religious Studies/Asian Studies double major Robert Sowerbrower. 

[pagebreak]

Bobby, as he is affectionately known, is known for his trademark long, curly hair. Last weekend the certified hairstylist was a featured presenter at IUP’s very first Asian Studies Undergraduate Research Conference. Bobby presented an informative and intellectually stimulating paper  and slieshow titled, “The Golden Age of Chinese Furniture.”

Bobby lives a simple life saying, ” I like being with my friends, going on outdoor adventures when it’s nice out, and playing video games when it’s not.”

When he was told that he was chosen to be Campus Celebrity due to his involvement with the first ever IUP Asian Studies Undergraduate Research Conference Bobby said, “It’s an honor to be picked for Campus Celebrity.” He continued, ” I’m normally too scared to volunteer to speak at conferences, so its really encouraging to be recognized for it when I do!”

Bobby has lent his aesthetics expertise to Her Campus IUP in the past with an article on DIY Facials. Most importantly, Bobby is passionate about Human Rights and Social Equality and is active on campus in several organizations including the Religious Studies Club and the social equality organization That’s What She Said. 

The Vegan looks forward to the day where everyone lives harmoniusly. 

“My goal in life is to make the world a brighter place,” Bobby said. “Kinda vague, I know, and I’m not really sure how I’ll go about accomplishing my goal, so everyday I just try to make someone smile! I hope to see the day when everyone is united through love and friendship, and I will try my hardest to work towards that future.”

Hailing from the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, Junene is a current student at Indiana University of PA majoring in Journalism. She has three minors consisting of Communications Media, English: Film Studies track, and Religious Studies.She is the founding President/Editor in Chief of IUP's branch of Hercampus.com, and is the Founder/President of the IUP women's organization That's What She Said. She is also a current member of SPJ, ( Society of Professional Journalists) PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), CSCR (Committee for the Study of Culture and Religion) and Vice President of the Religious Studies Club at IUP. She is the sole undergradate member of IUPs' Library Outreach and Marketing Committee and is a member of the Student Advisory Group. Junene is a first generation college student; her favorite film is The Usual Suspects and her favorite book is And Then There Were None, authored by Agatha Christie.