This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

This week’s Campus Celebrity is Ian Grant. The Junior Philosophy/Pre-law major and Economics minor, who originally hails from Hopewell Junction, NY, is a common sight to see around IUP. Currently, the aspiring lawyer is the President of the Black Law Student Association (BLSA), which emphasizes the encouragement of black students to enter the legal field by providing internship opportunities and LSAT preparation. While it seems as though Grant has enough on his plate academically, he is also the President of the Lambdu Mu chapter of Phi Beta Sigma, a social fraternity. Being the president of two major on-campus organizations may be intimidating to some, but Grant seems to thrive on taking on multiple roles as he is also a member of IUP’s Mock Trial Club while holding a part time position at Chik-Fil-A located in the HUB.

Ian Grant is clearly no stranger to hard work, as it is not easy for anyone to keep up with this many activities as a full time student.

While Grant is currently enrolled as a junior here at IUP, he actually plans to graduate in December after his completion of the fall 2013 semester; that will be an entire semester early. Often times, most students are just hoping to complete their academic careers in a four year time period, Grant will be effortlessly completing his in three and a half. Being the adventurist that he clearly is, Grant hopes to gain acceptance to the National Student Exchange Program (NSE) which will ultimately allow him to travel to a different university within the United States to complete his undergraduate studies.

If accepted, he wants to travel to the west coast, primarily an institution in California, where he plans to study law once he graduates from IUP. When it comes to having major plans for the future, Grant is a person who could tell you a thing or two about the importance of setting goals for yourself. Following law school, he would like to work for a medium-sized law firm for about five years before attempting to branch out and begin his own corporate law firm. There are not many law firms that specialize in corporate law and Grant’s business background will provide him with the necessary drive to really prosper in that specialized area.

It is easy to tell, with Grant being the active president of multiple organizations, that he enjoys being the leader of situations. It was only fitting that he used this ideology when he decided to study law at IUP in the first place. According to Grant, “I came to this decision through a long thorough process. I do not want to work for someone else my entire life. There’s a great saying, ‘if you don’t build your dreams, someone else will hire you to build theirs.’” His philosophy is one that can really inspire others around him, as he has a

Although these dreams are big and will take a great deal of hard work and dedication, there should be no doubt in anyone’s mind that Ian Grant is up for the challenge; and will more than likely come out the victor. With a great blend of academic, social and career-driven activities under his belt, Her Campus IUP is positive about this Campus Celebrity’s future successes no matter what avenue he chooses.