jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

To the Broken Girl Trying to Love a Broken Boy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

He’s it. You’d been saying it since the day you met. I mean, why wouldn’t you say that? He was what fairy tales are made of and something about him has had you hooked from the second you met.

You’re not the girl that falls too quickly either, but with him you just couldn’t wait to tell everyone about him and you let yourself get excited. You let yourself hope that this one would be different because everything from the very beginning has been different. He made you laugh effortlessly and he was actually capable of having deep conversations.

He has a beautiful soul and I don’t blame you for wanting him. But I need you to understand that you cannot change him. He is broken. I know that he is incredible, but you should not have to spend your time feeling like you have to convince him that you are worth the effort. A guy that has been hurt the way that he has can only heal with time and while you may think you are exactly what he needs, he cannot give you what you need. I know that you cannot understand why it seems like you are not deserving of love. Why every effort you put in cannot be met, but just because he isn’t it for you doesn’t mean no one will ever make your heart beat the way you have silently been seeking. Take this time to focus on you and continue to better yourself because when the right one does come along, you’ll be happy you did.

Hang in there, it’ll be okay eventually.

Danielle Jones is from Jeannette, Pennsylvania--a small town with big pride. As an English, Writing major with a minor is Business Administration she loves words and truly believes in their power. She is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at IUP. In her free time, Danielle enjoys reading, writing, and all things Shonda Rhimes.