This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

We are finally in the Spring semester! I have made a promise to myself to be an academic weapon since last semester was a little rough for me (happens to the best of us).

So I thought I would share my little list on everything I’m doing to prepare for this semester!

• Notebook/laptop/tablet: Whatever you use to take notes, make sure you have it! Get a couple of new notebooks for your classes or make folders in your files to organize your documents for your new classes! Personally, I like to use my laptop to take notes but I make sure to always have at least one notebook because there are some professors who don’t allow their students to have devices out during the lecture!
  • A planner: Over the past few years I have become a planner gal! I get a new cutesy planner whenever the new year comes around! I use it to write down appointments, plans, assignments, meetings, and really anything and everything. It has helped me a lot to organize my sometimes chaotic life.
  • Class books: Remember to get your books for your classes! This is something that a lot of students put off until last minute! If you don’t know if a book for your class is required or not, your professor should state it on their syllabus; and if they don’t, send them an email and ask!
  • A support group: Whether your support group is your friends, family, animals, or the people you game with online; you need one! It’s always a must to have people you can vent to, relax with, and laugh with! There are also many resources on campus to go and find those people who could be your support group (like Her Campus)!
  • Mindset: Going into the semester with a positive, can-do attitude is very important! It’s alright to be a little nervous but your mindset is able to determine how the semester will go!

This semester will hopefully be so good and slay for all of you (I know I’ll be manifesting it for myself)! As always, I hope this article was a little helpful for you and good luck in the coming semester!

Jordan McDonald is the social media chair at the Her Campus at the IUP chapter. She oversees the social media team and makes sure the team reaches the requirements for the media. Beyond Her Campus, Jordan has done an externship at French Lick Resort for her degree in Baking and Pastry Arts. She is also a member of Eta Sigma Delta, which is a honor society for business students. She is junior at IUP studying Hospitality Management. On top of school and clubs she is in, she works part time. In her free time, Jordan enjoys going to concerts and spending time with her loved ones and her two cats, Pumpkin and Boots. She is a Gilmore Girls fanatic and is a big follower of Harry Styles and Taylor Swift. Jordan encourages everyone to treat others with kindness because you never know what someone is going through.