Onion Browning
Onion Browning
Alex Frank / Spoon

A Vegan Dip You’ll Obsess Over

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

I previously posted another vegan recipe, and this one is just as versatile for events! I made it for a hangout with some girlfriends this past weekend, and I’ve been snacking on it ever since. Definitely my latest snack obsession. It’s the perfect snack to pair with chips while watching the big game.
To clarify, this recipe is not my own, but I’m so glad I was able to find it. I’m going to write what I did to make it, but you can find this recipe at: https://elavegan.com/vegan-french-onion-dip/

Ingredients:
1 tbsp of oil
1 diced, medium onion (I just used frozen onions, but if you do this, avoid using an extra splash of water, as the frozen onions have enough fluid from the melted ice)
2 garlic cloves
1 ⅓ cups of vegan sour cream
1 tsp tamari (I just used soy sauce for flavor, use what you have!)
¾ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
1 pinch paprika
White vinegar (to taste)
Salt and pepper
Parsley for a garnish

Instructions:

“Heat the in a pan and once heated add the onion. Cook for 5 minutes, stir frequently, then add a splash of water” if using frozen diced onion, don’t worry about adding any more liquid, as the melted ice will provide just enough water. “Keep cooking the onion for about 20 more minutes, adding liquid if needed, until the onions are nicely caramelized.”

In a medium bowl, add all the other ingredients and stir! That’s all there is to it, and it’s so delicious!

Dani is a 22 year old Psychology student and the co-chair for the social media of IUP's Her Campus "diamond" chapter. She focuses on topics related to experiences, lifestyle, sex, and relationships. If she isn't writing about intriguing topics, she can be found jornaling, sitting in nature, or asking you what your sun, moon, and rising sign are.