7 Recipes to Try this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Aside from Fall meaning the start of all things pumpkin, it also means the return of some of those foods that make you just feel good. If you’re looking to put your cooking skills to the test this Fall, here are 7 new recipes for you to try!

1. Chicken Pot Pie

(Photo via Pinterest)

I remember eating these when I was younger and digging around for just the chicken. Now that I’m older, I appreciate all parts of a chicken pot pie! This recipe can be a little tricky, so be sure to pay close attention to the directions. But if you ask me, these are perfect for a rainy Fall day!

2. Baked Potato Soup

(Photo via Pinterest)

I love soup. I love potatoes. This soup is basically perfection. Soup is one of those foods that you can’t thoroughly enjoy during the hotter months, but Fall is the perfection time to expand your soup horizon.

3. Harvest Caramel Corn

(Photo via TwoSistersCrafting)

Whether you’re looking to add something sweet to a party or just want something to munch on for the day, this recipe is perfect and relatively easy! You can change the kind of candy you put in it or leave the candy out all together for some delicious caramel corn!

4. Pumpkin Alfredo

(Photo by Yellow Bliss Road)

Alfredo is already an incredible food, but adding pumpkin just makes it all the better. This is a dish that you can truly appreciate during the Fall season because it’s FALL! It’s also super easy to make!

5. Cheddar Pumpkin Mac and Cheese

(Photo by Trial and Eater)

Continuing with our pumpkin trend is the ultimate comfort food. Who doesn’t love mac and cheese? It’s perfect anytime of year, but adding pumpkin is a nice twist to the classic favorite.

6. Frosted Maple Snickerdoodle

(Photo by Butter with a Side of Bread)

Snickerdoodles are always a fan favorite. Some frostings can ruin them, but a maple frosting seems to be the right addition. Whether you pile on the icing or just add a bit, you can’t go wrong with adding maple frosting to snickerdoodles!

7. Pumpkin Delight

(Photo by Savor and Savvy)

There are no shortage of pumpkin desserts during the Fall months, but this pumpkin delight recipe is something different that not many people make. It will be sure to impress friends or family and leave people begging for more.

No matter what you decide to make, remember to genuinely enjoy your treats this Fall. If you try any of these recipes, be sure to take a picture and tag us on Instagram!

Danielle Jones is from Jeannette, Pennsylvania--a small town with big pride. As an English, Writing major with a minor is Business Administration she loves words and truly believes in their power. She is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at IUP. In her free time, Danielle enjoys reading, writing, and all things Shonda Rhimes.