6 Timeless Jewelry Pieces Every Collegiette Must Own!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Jewelry can make or break your outfit. When you are running late to that big party and need to quickly spice up that Little Black Dress you lov
e so much, it’s best to have a reliable couple of pieces of jewelry that will always come to your rescue.

Statement Necklace
Depending on the occasion or your physical frame, this can either be big and chunky or small and dainty. Choose something that can be talked about—bright colors and pretty pendants are the best conversation starters.

Diamond Studs

Cubic Zirconium works just as well as real diamonds for this one. They add a certain sparkle that frames the face and brings attention to the eyes—definitely a must have!

Bangles

The great thing about bangles is that they can be stacked or worn alone. Get ones that can go with every outfit you have, such as those made of gold or silver metal. Also consider getting a couple that are pops of color, or have an interesting design on them.

[pagebreak]

The Watch

Watches can act as a pseudo-bracelet and a life-saver. If your phone dies or becomes lost, your watch can save you from being late to that important meeting. If you have the frame for it, chunky men watches can be a huge asset to your outfit and call attention to the fact that you like fashion and promptness—even if you don’t! If you cannot wear chunky watches, smaller wristwatches that have a dainty band can emphasize your wrists and elongate your fingers.

Cocktail Ring

Illusions play a huge part of how we perceive other people. Having a stick-out cocktail ring can draw attention to your new manicure and even make your hand look smaller! Consider getting one that has a large Cubic Zirconium center rock, it will surely make your fingers sparkle!

Dangle Earrings

The longer the dangle, the longer your neck can look. Especially if you pull your hair back or rock a super cute pixie cut. They, like the diamond studs, can bring attention to your face, and in this case, they can bring good attention to your jawline. Try ones that sparkle at a certain angle—it’ll make people want to look twice!

These staple jewelry pieces are a sure fire way to ensure that you’re ready for every type of occasion. What’s even better? If you don’t have the cash to get real diamonds or real gold, you can just go to a costume jewelry shop and pick up the exact same things—replacing them won’t cost as much, and it will give you the exact same effect!

photos courtesy of:
stylehive.com
thedecorologist.com
shadestation.co.uk
kaboodle.com
ioffer.com
favim.com
mulletmag.com

Hailing from the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, Junene is a current student at Indiana University of PA majoring in Journalism. She has three minors consisting of Communications Media, English: Film Studies track, and Religious Studies.She is the founding President/Editor in Chief of IUP's branch of Hercampus.com, and is the Founder/President of the IUP women's organization That's What She Said. She is also a current member of SPJ, ( Society of Professional Journalists) PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), CSCR (Committee for the Study of Culture and Religion) and Vice President of the Religious Studies Club at IUP. She is the sole undergradate member of IUPs' Library Outreach and Marketing Committee and is a member of the Student Advisory Group. Junene is a first generation college student; her favorite film is The Usual Suspects and her favorite book is And Then There Were None, authored by Agatha Christie.