The 5 Stages of Hair Styling According to Tangled

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

It happens to the best of us, some mornings you wake up and look like you should be doing a commercial about hair care products and other mornings you wake up looking like a troll. Here are the 5 stages of hairstyling as told by someone who just understands…Repunzel.

1. Denial

First, you look. Then you look again. Finally, you realize that the mirror is, indeed, broken and therefore, you must find another. There is absolutely no way your hair is capable of making that particular shape.

2. Anger

No really, there is no way your hair is in that shape! RAGE AGAINST THE MIRROR.

3. Bargaining

What have you done to deserve this? Clearly, sleeping with wet hair has nothing to do with this tragedy. Maybe, if you give up your nightly Starbucks run, your straightener will work its’ considerable magic and transform the shrub on your head. Yes. That is it!

4. Depression

That’s it. You are NEVER going to be able to fix this. You should probably just give up and surrender yourself to either being a crazy cat lady or the twenty-something year old who drinks like it is 5 o’clock somewhere. At least you have options. However, that cute guy who sits behind you in class is not one of them today.

5. Acceptance

You’ll live; buzz cuts are in style. 

Victoria Stone is a Freshman at IUP majoring in middle level education with a specialty in social studies. When she is not studying or eating, she enjoys spending her time outdoors, doing yoga, or attempting the impossible crafts on Pinterest. This year, her New Year's resolution is to run a 5K.