This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.
  • 10 Things I Hate About You (1999)

10 Things I Hate About You is a romantic comedy that follows Kat Stratford, a smart and funny girl who doesn’t seem to attract the boys at her school. Kat’s younger sister Bianca is finally at the age where she wants to date but because of her father’s house rules, she can’t until Kat finds a boyfriend. With some strings pulled Kat starts to fall for “bad boy” Patrick Verona.

• Juno (2007)

Juno is a romantic comedy that follows Juno MacGuff as she becomes pregnant, and decides to choose a failed wannabe rockstar and his wife to adopt her unborn child. 

• Mean Girls (2004)

Mean Girls is a comedy that follows Caty Heron as she moves to Illoinise from Africa, and experiences the ups and downs of the public high school experience.

• Legally Blonde (2001)

Legally Blonde is a romantic comedy that follows Elle Woods and her journey to win back her ex-boyfriend by following him to Harvard Law. When Elle first attends law school she is treated as a joke, but along the way, Elle starts to find herself along with her passion. 

• 13 Going On 30 (2004)

13 Going on 30 is a romantic comedy that follows a 13-year-old girl named Jenna who desperately wants a boyfriend. When Jenna isn’t able to find a boyfriend, all she can fantasize about is being an adult one day. Suddenly Jenna’s fantasy becomes a reality, but it’s not what she thought it would be.

Lexi Wiegand is a member of HER Campus at Indiana University of Pennslyvania. She likes to write about fashion and pop culture and works on the social media pages. Beyond HER Campus Lexi is a Freshman and is a political science major. She hopes to work in nonprofit organizations. In Lexi's free time, she likes to hang out with friends and is a D1 yapper. She loves Olivia Rodrigo, cats, and cartoons. She loves pink and anything sparkly. She loves to make people giggle and she is always cracking jokes.