3 Coffeehouses in Indiana, PA You MUST Visit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

There are certain things that college students just cannot survive without: Netflix, WiFi, headphones, and caffeine. The beauty of living in a college town is that more than likely there are a few hidden gems that serve really incredible coffee. Don’t get me wrong…Starbucks and Dunkin are great when you’re on the move, but there is just something about a little quiet coffee shop that is just good for the soul. Moreover, these places can also double as a place to study when the library is too busy, or you just need a change of scenery.

Indiana, Pennsylvania like any other college town has its fair share of eateries, but it has a few coffee places that just make you feel better just by being there. Whether its the baristas, the aroma, or the design the three places below always seem to do the trick when my days are dragging, and I need to change it up.

1. Artists Hand Gallery and Espresso Bar

(Photo via Julie Bernstein Engelmann)

The Artists Hand is located on Philadelphia street and offers a modern twist on the usual coffeehouse vibe. Even better? The gallery is constantly changing and it’s an incredible place to get inspired! With huge windows at the front, the place is flooded with incredible natural lighting, so you’ll definitely get your Instagram worthy shot. The menu has a wide variety of options, but I’m partial to their hot chocolate and regular brewed coffee.

2. The Commonplace Coffeehouse and Roastery

(Photo via Commonplace Coffee)

Located on Grant Street in one of the University Squares buildings, Commonplace is a hidden gem that you will instantly fall in love with. The dark ambiance of Commonplace counters the brightly painted halls leading to it, but that just makes it even more enjoyable. The aroma of roasting beans is enticing and the mix of couches with traditional tables makes this the perfect place to study or unwind. If you have the chance to work through their menu…DO IT!

3. Caffè Amadeus Roast & Brew

(Photo via TripAdvisor)

Also located on Philadelphia Street, this quirky coffee shop has traces of Harry Potter throughout. With a unique menu full of more than just your typical coffee shop favorites, you’re sure to find something you love. I’m sure they wouldn’t mind you spending time there while you wait for your Hogwarts acceptance letter!

Do you have a favorite coffee place? We’d love to know! Find us on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook!

Danielle Jones is from Jeannette, Pennsylvania--a small town with big pride. As an English, Writing major with a minor is Business Administration she loves words and truly believes in their power. She is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at IUP. In her free time, Danielle enjoys reading, writing, and all things Shonda Rhimes.