This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

As of last week, it is officially Hispanic & Latinx Heritage Month! Here are some alternative Latin songs I’ve been vibing to lately for you to enjoy in your playlist, too!

TÚ sÍ sabes quererme by natalia lafourcade

This song has been on REPEAT the past few weeks for me, and a line that keeps sticking in my head is “el amor perfecto comienza por mí misma,” which translates to “the perfect love starts with myself.” Let’s talk about self love!

buenos genes by rels b ft. dellafuente

There was something pretty special about Rels B performing this live, because I have been listening to “Buenos Genes” ever since!

que diablos hice (interlude) by eslabon armado

We love a nice interlude.

TÚ me dejaste de querer by c. tangana, niÑo de elche & la hÚngara

C. Tangana is quite popular in the Latin alternative realm, and honestly every song I have heard off this album has been a banger.

no necesito mÁs by marissa mur

I felt it when she says “lleváme a Cayo Coco y Costa Rica.”

TÍrame un hello remix by ramon vega and kenia os

Simply put, this song is good vibes.

prometÍ by mati gÓmez

Another constant repeat for me.

fuera del mercado by danny ocean

This song might get you in your feels, but it ends with an empowering reminder to love yourself first.

ya acabÓ by marca mp ft. becky g

I’m listening to this song and romanticizing my life in a coffee shop right now.

200 copas by karol g

For some reason, I am obsessed with the casual introduction to this song. Karol’s voice is so sweet!

ahora by bomba estÉreo

This song is such an important reminder to breathe, ground yourself, and live in the present.

el poeta by humbe

As a struggling poet, I relate to this song on an emotional level.

flor by los rivera destino ft. benito martÍnez

Perhaps you happened to recognize the featured artist as, oh, I don’t know, Bad Bunny?! He sings in this and that is just about all I have to say as to why this song is a must listen.

isla morenita by carlos sadness

An escape to a place like “Isla Morenita” sounds pretty nice.

juro que by rosalÍa

You may be familiar with “LA NOCHE DE ANOCHE” and “DESPECHÁ,” but some of my all-time favorite Rosalía songs are her alternative hits! There is something magical about this track that I simply cannot explain.

Tatiana Cleffi is a writer for the Her Campus chapter at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP,) who enjoys writing about her personal experiences, particularly in regards to her Latin culture. She is a senior nursing student who is eager to graduate in December 2023. Tatiana is passionate about bridging the language gap in the healthcare setting. She studied medical Spanish abroad to become better equipped to provide nursing care to a diverse range of patients. In her free time, Tatiana enjoys visiting her husband in Costa Rica, going to the beach, singing on the worship team at her church, and eating pumpkin pie.