10 Struggles Everyone With A Baby Face Will Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

What is baby face? Simply put, it’s the quality of having features that make you appear to be a lot younger than you actually are. The less intimidating cousin of resting bitch face, baby face is both a gift and a curse. On one hand, while other people are chasing down the fountain of youth, you’re all set. On the other hand, when you’re in your twenties, that baby face gets old really quickly. From being hit on by prepubescent boys to being carded for literally everything, it can be seriously annoying and inconvenient. Here are some struggles all people with baby face can totally relate to:

1. “Wow, you really don’t look [insert your correct age here]!”

2. “You seriously look about 15.”

3. Trying to buy alcohol, cigarettes, or even R-rated movies and feeling like you’re lying even though you KNOW you’re old enough.

4. Showing your ID but then having to wait for the person to scrutinize every detail of it because they think it’s a fake.

5. When people try to guess your age.

6. When someone guesses your age correctly.

7. If you work around any type of age-restricted machinery, someone will ask you if you’re at least 18. Every. Single. Time.

8. “You’ll be thankful that you look so young when you’re in your forties!”

THAT DOESN’T HELP ME NOW, THOUGH.

9. When thirteen year olds try to hit on you.

Goodbye, small child. Call me when you’re older. JK, not even then.

10. Or worse, when people think someone you’re with is your parent. (Bonus points if that person is your SO)

What do you think, my fellow baby-faced collegiettes? Do you feel me on this?

Hey, lovelies! My name is Alyssa and I'm an English major at IUP's Cook Honors College! My interests include reading, writing (duh!), art of all kinds, and music. If it's your style, feel free to follow me on Instagram and/or Twitter! @at_the_h3lm