This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

The 90s are officially back, ladies! Get out your slap bracelets, fanny packs, legwarmers, parachute pants and shoulder pads. Ok fine, that was just a joke. The 90s isn’t THAT back, but there are some memorable pieces sneaking into modern-day fashion, with the hopes that those other trends stay long in the past. 

Acid wash: Designers can’t get enough of acid-wash denim. We still see it all over the runways and in department and speciality stores. I personally love this splattered-looking trend since it is such a fashion statement in itself. 

Then: 

Now:

Crop-tops: In 10 Things I Hate About You, Bianca Stratford had to make sure she had the perfect outfit once her dad finally gave her permision to go to the prom. This perfect outfit included a hot pink crop-top paried with a light-pink, bubblegum skirt. Someone must have taken note of Bianca’s ensemble because we are seeing crop-tops everywhere now. They can be worn casually and are even red-carpet appropriate. Taylor Swift kills it in her crisp, cut-out white crop-top and black maxi skirt. 

Then:

Now:

Chokers: Who knew Sabrina the Teenage Witch was such a trend-setter? Ha, but really. I probably see as many girls wearing tattoo chokers around campus as I see them carrying Long Champs. This once flimsy accessory of our youth has turned into a sophisticated (even, embellished) piece of sophisticated jewlery. Even celebs like Rita Ora wear their sparkly-diamond chokers on the red carpet. 

Then: 

Now:

Scrunchies: Scrunchies were a huge craze and I think some were a little heartbroken when the craze ended, but now we can all finally breath again since their return. Madonna rocked the scrunchie in the film, Desperately Seeking Susan. And now, Selena Gomez is seen sporting her scrunchie to go with her edgy style. Scrunchies can also be worn on the wrist to add a feminine touch to any outfit. 

Then:

Now:

So go out and channel your inner Spice Girl, DJ Tanner, or Cher Horowitz and rock your favorite 90s comeback!

Journalism and Apparel Merchandising student at Indiana University.