This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Valentine’s Day is the most romantic day of the year. Of course you want to impress your date, however, looking good means you will be feeling good too. HerCampus has a few outfit ideas for colliegettes having a casual night in all the way to a night out on the town:

Casual/Night In

So this year you decided to keep it casual and spend the night in with your significant other. Maybe you’re cooking dinner together, watching a movie, or just spending quality time together, a casual night is great for V-Day. When it comes to what to wear, it’s pretty wide open. No fancy dress or heels necessary, keep it simple with a cute top, jeans of leggings, and sneakers or slip-ons. Finish the look by adding some personality through your accessories, and don’t forget to keep your makeup simple and natural to go with the casual vibe of the night.

Going Out

So maybe you usually keep it pretty casual, but since it’s Valentine’s Day after all, turn it up a few notches by dressing up a bit for the night. Maybe you and your significant other are hitting up your favorite Bloomington restaurant, and then a party or the bars, so you want an outfit that can work with any place. Start by pairing a nice shirt with jeans and heeled booties. Make the night special by going with more bold makeup choices, like a smoky eye or bright lipstick. You’ll be sure to have a great V-Day when you’re looking and feeling good.

Dressy

Your significant other might decide to surprise you with dinner at a fancy restaurant in downtown, so have a few options so you can be instantly dressed to the nines. Valentine’s Day is a special occasion, so whip out your favorite dress and wear your cutest heels even if they hurt a little bit.  Express your personal style through the dress, shoes, and accessories you choose. On a night like this, it’s ok to go with bolder evening makeup looks. Try that bright red lipstick you’ve been dying to wear, or use the dark colors you usually avoid in your eye shadow palette. After all, Valentine’s Day only comes once a year, so make the most of it.

Hopefully these HerCampus outfits inspire you a little bit for this Valentine’s Day. Now go out and have an amazing night, you’ve been waiting all year and you deserve it.

Melanie Metzman is a sophomore at Indiana University majoring in Journalism and Communication and Culture. When she's not busy in class or grabbing a latte and studying at the IMU Starbucks, you can find her working out, blogging (sometimesiwritethings.weebly.com), reading magazines, watching rom-coms, or spending time with her sorority sisters in downtown Bloomington. She is obsessed with all things fashion and beauty and dreams of writing for a major fashion magazine after graduation. Keep of with Melanie on Twitter @melanie_metzman