What Do We Want? Healthcare! When Do We Want It? Now!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

On March 8, several IU students made their way to the Indiana Statehouse in support of Planned Parenthood of Indiana’s Rally to Protect Our Patients. We made our voices heard that we are NOT OK with PPIN being defunded. Several IU students use PPIN to get affordable birth control, PAP smears, low-cost STD testing, and other services.

Alyssa Goldman is a junior at Indiana University majoring in journalism and gender studies. Alyssa aspires to be an editor at a women’s magazine writing about women’s issues and feminism. Alyssa has served as city & state editor and special publications editor for the Indiana Daily Student, IU’s award-winning student newspaper. She has also interned at Chicago Parent magazine, the IU Office of University Communications and Today’s Chicago Woman magazine. Currently, she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, Ind., and loves being a Campus Correspondent for HC! In her spare time, Alyssa enjoys watching The Bad Girls Club, The Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives (of any city); listening to Lady Gaga; drinking decaf skinny vanilla soy lattes from Starbucks; reading magazines; and shopping and eating with her girls on IU’s infamous Kirkwood Avenue.