Welcome Home & Good Luck IUBB!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

After winning Saturday’s game against VCU 63-61, the Indiana University-Bloomington men’s basketball team was welcomed home to Bloomington by a crowd of screaming and clapping fans.

Fans of all ages stood in a mass of cream and crimson outside of Cook Hall to greet the Hoosiers. Three busses pulled up as the crowd sang the school fight song. Players climbed off of the busses and gathered their bags before shaking hands, signing posers and posing for photos with fans.

Coach Tom Crean was last off the bus, and asked the crowd “How was your spring break?” Crean made his way through the crowd and gave a short speech. He thanked the fans for their continued support of the team before inviting some of the players up to the mike.

The Hoosiers will have a few days in Bloomington to prepare for Sweet Sixteen competition. IU will face the University of Kentucky in Atlanta on Friday. We wish them the best of luck!

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes