jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Welcome Back Hoosiers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

This summer came and went in the blink of an eye. It feels like just yesterday it was May and I was scrambling to find an internship and get my life together after coming home from studying abroad. But here we are three months later, and it’s time for Indiana Hoosiers to start heading back to Bloomington for the fall semester.

The perks of summer are behind us. This means trading in weekends at the beach, quality time with our family, friends, and beloved pets, a fully stocked fridge, a permanently clean bedroom, and freshly folded laundry for the stresses of academic life.

However, not all bad comes without some good. How about we forget about the all-nighters, midterms, and impending life decisions for a second? There are so many undeniably awesome things about college that make going back to school something to actually look forward to.

Returning to Bloomington after a summer away elicits a million indescribable feelings that will flood your mind with anticipation. The rush of reuniting with old friends, the comfort of settling back into your old routine, the thrill of getting ready for game day, the gratification of acing a challenging exam, the ease of walking through campus on a beautiful day, the sweet satisfaction of ordering the first late night pizza of the year, the burn (and nausea) you experience taking your first sip of warm peach Taaka — I mean, c’mon people, what a time to be alive!

It feels so good to be back at the place we call our second home. I mean what’s better than dressing up like a madman for a tailgate or carousing with your best friends every night of the week? What’s better than life without rules, curfews, and adults? Ugh, I’ve missed you Bloomington. It’s been way too long. So welcome back Hoosiers. Here’s hoping for wild nights you’ll never remember and good friends you’ll never forget. Cheers to another amazing, crazy, and successful year at the best school in the world.

Title Image Credit*