Too Much Good Food: Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.
I don’t know about you, but my stomach is still full from all the Easter festivities. On Sunday, I went to breakfast after church with my family, then to an endless buffet with Ryan’s family and then back to my house for Easter dinner. I have not heard my stomach rumble or even a small grumble since.   

However, I still need to eat as I have already had two final projects due this week. Salads are always a great way to keep your diet light and healthy. Also, depending on what you mix in, you can add some protein, whether it be steak, chicken, or in my case some shredded Parmesan cheese. 

I love salads because there are an infinite amount of ways that you can spice it up depending on what you pick from the endless possibilities of various vinaigrette/dressing recipes. 

In this case, I made a very simple lemon vinaigrette dressing with some grated Parmesan. I used a spring lettuce bag- (a mix of Spinach and Arugula- my favorite!) I also paired it with a small cup of tomato soup. My mom likes to send me back to school with freezer bags full of homemade soup- so all I have to do is heat it up in a pot. It’s my version of a microwave meal. 

AMAZING tomato soup- spicy with a strong depth of flavor and my favorite soup
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing

• Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
  • 1/3 cup good olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Directions

1. Whisk all ingredients together 

Bon Appétit!
Chef Maggie

Read more of Chef Maggie’s blogs at http://www.mycookingloveaffair.com/.

Alyssa Goldman is a junior at Indiana University majoring in journalism and gender studies. Alyssa aspires to be an editor at a women’s magazine writing about women’s issues and feminism. Alyssa has served as city & state editor and special publications editor for the Indiana Daily Student, IU’s award-winning student newspaper. She has also interned at Chicago Parent magazine, the IU Office of University Communications and Today’s Chicago Woman magazine. Currently, she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, Ind., and loves being a Campus Correspondent for HC! In her spare time, Alyssa enjoys watching The Bad Girls Club, The Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives (of any city); listening to Lady Gaga; drinking decaf skinny vanilla soy lattes from Starbucks; reading magazines; and shopping and eating with her girls on IU’s infamous Kirkwood Avenue.