Super Bowl XLV: Dorm-style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

This weekend’s Super Bowl provided an excuse for two things: eating appetizers that taste great and are loaded with calories, and partying with friends on a Sunday. Whether you’re still living in a dorm or have an off-campus house to yourself, there were plenty of Super Bowl shindigs throughout Bloomington.

This year, two floors in my dorm got together in the lounge to celebrate. There was so much junk food and pizza we could have fed a small army.

We played Super Bowl squares: a game that gave us more of an incentive to watch the game in hopes of winning a giant candy bar.

And then of course there was the main attraction: the game. The Green Bay Packers defeated the Pittsburgh Steelers, but there were also great commercials, an amazing half time show by the Black Eyed Peas, Usher, and Slash and two great tributes to our country by Lea Michele from Glee and Christina Aguilera.

The Super Bowl is one of the great traditions of American sports, and it proves itself year after year. 

Molly Johnson is a junior studying journalism and political science at Indiana University. She is originally from a small town in Northwest Indiana, though traveling is one of her passions. She has studied abroad in Dublin, Ireland and Seoul, South Korea- both of which were life-changing experiences. Molly loves to read and write, and has been a reporter and desk editor at the Indiana Daily Student, IU's award-winning student newspaper, for three years. Currently she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, IN. Molly plans to go on to graduate school and then pursue a career as a writer. She hopes, one day, to write a book.