Stephanie Sprauer ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.
THE BASICS:Name & Nickname: Stephanie and StoopMajor: Vocal performance; Certificate in arts managementYear & Age: Junior, 21 Hometown: Carol Stream, Illinois because we all know where that is, right?Relationship Status: Very singleExtra Curricular Activities: Independent Council Greek, or Nah: Hard nah
FAVES: Super Heroine: Does Meryl Streep count? Netflix Movie/Show: “The Office,” embarrassingly so Celebrity Crush: Ryan Gosling (basic, I know) Blockbuster: “Harry Potter” series First Date Food: Something with pasta? If I don’t have a care in the world, bacon cheeseburger and fries.Ice Cream Topper: Hot FudgeCoffee Order: Green Tea ;)
HCIU: What’s an average day look like for you?
SS: Wake up, hit the snooze, make some eggs and tea, rush to class, sing my little heart out usually, hopefully I get a nap and some yoga to top it all off. I’m not that boring though – haha – it varies. 

HCIU: What do you look forward to most on weekends?
SS: Sleeping in! 

HCIU: Guilty pleasure(s)?
SS: “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” and Chipotle 

HCIU: As a voice major, what’s your favorite romantic song?
SS: Frank Sinatra, “The Way You Look Tonight” 

HCIU: Are there any operas that reflect your own ideals of romance?
SS: Most operas end with someone dying or committing suicide because of love so I will probably go ahead and say no to that! But, if I had to pick, I’d say “La Traviata” for Violetta’s sacrifice to Alfredo and letting him move on, and ultimately they find their way back to each other … at least before she dies. 

HCIU: What’s your ideal first date look like?
SS: Not something too extravagant or put together. Just somewhere that’s nice to talk and interact with one another. If food is involved, super!

HCIU: What’s the first thing you look for in a guy?
SS: Cliché, but CONFIDENCE! It is so sexy! Also, you can tell who is a genuinely good human being from about a mile away, that sticks out to me as well. 

HCIU: How about some turn-offs?
SS: Laziness – absolutely so off-putting. 

HCIU: What’s something that confuses you about men?
SS: How facial hair is so attractive! Seriously, how do you do it? 
Kelsey is a junior at Indiana University where she is majoring in journalism and concentrating in informatics. She began her Her Campus experience as a contributing writer in Fall 2012. Kelsey was incredibly excited to begin her new role on the HCIU team as co-campus correspondent last fall. When she's not studying or writing, Kelsey enjoys a sipping a strong cup o' joe, reviving thrift store wardrobes and drooling over Netflix eye candy.
Rachel Kantrowitz is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in Political Science with minors in journalism and history. Aside from writing for Her Campus IU, Rachel is also the Social Committee Chair for Independent Council at IU and spent her summer interning at a magazine in London! Some of her favorite things include shopping, her hometown, Boston, traveling and thursdays at KOK.