The Spring Break Series: One Suitcase? No Problem.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Packing for spring break can be extremely stressful, especially when there is a limited amount of baggage you can take. If you’re an over-packer like me, fitting a weeks worth of clothes in one bag is no easy feat. It is important to pack smart, pack sensible, and most importantly,  pack stylish. Check out these tips on how to do so!

Cut your losses.

You do not need four pairs of leggings if you’re going to be spending most of your days in a bikini. In terms of lounge-wear, you really only need the bare minimum. You will most likely be spending most of your day out, so only pack the clothes that you know you’re going to want to wear.

Roll, don’t fold.

Rolling your clothes allows for more room inside your suitcase and it reduces the risk of wrinkling your clothes! If you really want to be creative, purchase a few airtight clothing bags to put your things in!

Weigh your suitcase.

If you’re flying, make sure you weigh your suitcase beforehand. That extra pair of heels is not worth paying the plethora of overweight baggage fees.

Find out if you can do laundry at your hotel/condo.

It is a major game-changer if you have access to a washer and dryer at the place you are staying at. You can wash all of your basics and wear them again if you’d like! No one sees your socks anyway.

Plan ahead for the weather.

If it’s going to be 85 degrees and sunny the entire week, you really don’t need more than one or two sweaters to keep you warm. Keep an eye on the local forecast to give you a general idea of what the weather will be like for the week and plan accordingly.

Make room for souvenirs.

It is almost impossible to go on vacation and not come back with something new. Whether it’s a souvenir shot glass or a cute new top, make room in your suitcase for it. You’ll thank yourself later.

Share.

If you’re going on vacation with a bunch of your friends or family, it is not necessary for everyone to bring their own straightening iron or nail polish remover. Plan ahead with your friends and family so that you can minimize having duplicate items!

*Title Image Source