RSO Fashion Show: Meet the Models Part I

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.
It’s time to get excited for the Retail Studies Organization Fashion show which will take place this Thursday, April 12th, in Alumni Hall! This week we’ll be featuring the models on our site before they make their debut on the runway.

Name: Kendall Gardner
Age: 18
Height: 5’10”
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Hazel
Year: Freshman
Hometown: Fishers, IN

Major: Journalism
HCIU: What aspects of modeling in the RSO fashion show do you enjoy most?

KG: Meeting all the girls who share a love for modeling like I do and getting to see everyone wear the amazing outfits the students have made.
HCIU: Of all the designs you’re modeling which is your favorite and why? Who designed it?
KG:
My favorite design I will be modeling is a black polka dot dress that is see through. I am excited to wear it because it is something I would always want to wear but to nervous to wear so now I am doing it! The designer of the dress is Jake Moor.
HCIU: Who is your fashion icon?
KG: Blake Lively
HCIU: Where is your favorite place to online shop?
KG: Free People
HCIU: What’s your dream modeling job?
KG: Victoria Secret Angel

Name: Taylor Walter
Age: 19
Height: 5”11
Hair color: Brunette
Eye color: Hazel
Year: Freshmen
Hometown: Mishawaka, IN
Major: Pre-Nursing

TW: I love getting to wear all of the amazing designers’ clothes down the runway!
TW: My favorite outfit is the one designed by Taylor because I love all of the intricate designs and colors on the skirt combined with the simple yet very elegant cream top.

HCIU: Who is your fashion icon?
TW: My fashion icon is Emma Watson because her style is so sophisticated and elegant, but is also a little edgy at the same time.
HCIU: What staple item should every woman have in her closet?
TW: I think every woman should own that one special little black dress because black never goes out of style.
HCIU: What’s your dream modeling job?
TW: My dream-modeling job would be to walk the runway wearing anything designed by Stella McCartney.

Name: Elisabeth Stanich                       
Age: 20
Height: 5’8
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Blue
Year: Sophomore
Hometown: Carmel, In
Major: Apparel Merchandising

ES: Wearing actual student’s clothes they designed and made and meeting the other models.
ES: A silver, flowy asymmetrical top because it’s simple, yet unique at the same time.

ES: Little Black Dress
HCIU: Describe your personal style.
ES: Girly and sparkle-ly
ES: Asos.com
HCIU: What’s your dream modeling job?
ES: Fashion Week in Paris

Name: Kelly Gamrat
Age: 18
Height:  5’7”
Hair color:  Dirty Blonde
Eye color: Green
Year: Freshman
Hometown: Shelbyville, Indiana
Major: Photo-journalism

KG: I LOVE getting to bring to life all of the amazing outfits by the designers! I know they have worked so hard to bring their vision to life and it’s amazing to get to wear it for the first time.
KG: As hard as it is to choose one, I would have to go with the gorgeous open backed red dress I walk in second in the show. 

HCIU: Who is your favorite designer?
KG: Betsey Johnson
HCIU: Who is your fashion icon?
KG: Audrey Hepburn
HCIU: Who or what inspires your personal style?
KG: Adriana Lima and all the VS angels
KG: Good skinny jeans
HCIU: In your opinion, what’s the sexiest piece of clothing a man can wear?
KG: A dress shirt with rolled up sleeves-so sexy.
HCIU: Describe your personal style.
KG: Whatever makes me feel confident and good about myself. Lots of variety.
KG: Ebay!
HCIU: Which fashion trend do you dislike the most?
KG: I HATE the  tall leather boots with all of the buckles and hardware.everyone keeps wearing. Are you going horseback riding or something?
HCIU: What’s your dream modeling job?
KG: My dream is to be a Victoria’s Secret Angel.
HCIU: What type of items can always be found in your handbag?
KG: Chapstick, hair bands, lots of coupons!
HCIU: Which fashion magazine is your favorite?
KG: Definitely Vogue.

Name: Amanda Crothers
Age: 22
Height: 5’8″
Hair color: light brown
Eye color: green
Year: Senior
Hometown: St. John, IN (the Region)
Major: Apparel Merchandising, Business & Dance minors

AC: I truly enjoy the fact that this group of people works together to put on a fabulous show for everyone to see. We all play different roles whether it be designer, model, hair & makeup, or staging but everyone contributes their passion and place and something seriously awesome comes as the result, and we have fun & get to know each other along the way.
AC: I’d have to say my favorite design is the maxi dress I get to wear by Racquel. The colors are fun & I love the way it flows as I walk, so gorg!

HCIU: Who is your favorite designer? 
AC: I’d have to say my favorite designer is Marchesa, by a landslide.
HCIU: Who is your fashion icon?
AC: My fashion icon is definitely OLIVA PALERMO, she can do no wrong.
AC: Blazer:  A man in a blazer or suit jacket is oh so sexy, makes my knees quake status.
AC: I love to browse Topshop & Nordstrom online.
AC: Within the last year or so, I’ve become a little obsessed with beauty products haha, no shame though. Nowadays in my handbag you can always find me with Babylips by Maybelline, Pretty Amazing lip color by Bare Minerals, Burberry London perfume (travel size), Deborah Lippmann Hard Rock nail treatment (you never know when you may need a manicure touchup),  my Smashbox under-eye brightener, & anything Philosophy!

Are you interested in reading about the rest of the RSO models? Come back tomorrow for more!

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes