My Thanksgiving Holiday Reactions Told In GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

In my eyes, there’s no holiday better than Thanksgiving. A holiday dedicated to stuffing your face full of turkey and mashed potatoes and giving thanks for all of the blessings in life is everything I could ask for and more. And Thanksgiving in my family is a 24-hour long event, therefore I’d like to break it down, GIF style.

My reaction when…

A relative asks me if I have a boyfriend yet. Every year my answer is the same melancholy, “no, not yet (insert relative’s name here)!”

This always leads to a ten minute pep talk about how I am a strong, independent woman and I do not need a man. Thankfully, I can drown my sorrows in a plethora of comfort food post-pep talk.

My reaction when…

I see all of the food set out on the table ready to be eaten. My heart beats a little faster thinking about all of the delicious culinary creations I am about to consume. I have grown to really appreciate a good, home-cooked meal after living off C-Store paninis and generic caesar salads for four months.

My reaction when…

A relative drinks a little too much Apple Moonshine and ends up perpetually embarrassing themselves in front of everyone. In my family, if you embarrass yourself once, it will haunt you forever.

My reaction when…

I eat way too much for dinner and put myself into a food coma. A post-dinner nap is crucial, as well as my designated outfit to compensate for the amount of food in my stomach. The best eating pants are no pants, right?

My reaction when…

My family decides to turn the music up to the maximum volume and sing “American Pie” and “Piano Man” until the sun rises.

My reaction when….

A relative asks me, “how’s school?”

My reaction when…

I remember how great my family is. Despite their repetitive statements and slightly questionable actions, I am always grateful for them.

*Title Image Source