My Cooking Love Affair: How To Royal Ice A Slingshot SEO Cookie

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.
How To Royal Ice A Slingshot SEO Cookie

For sugar cookie recipe refer to: All I Want for Christmas is Sugar
WiltonRoyal Icing Recipe:
Ingredients
4 cups (about 1 lb.) confectioners’ sugar
6 tablespoons warm water
Directions
Beat all ingredients until icing forms peaks (7-10 minutes at low speed with a heavy-duty
mixer, 10-12 minutes at high speed with a hand-held mixer).
Thinned Royal Icing:To thin for pouring, add 1 teaspoon water per cup of royal icing.
Use grease-free spoon or spatula to stir slowly. Add 1/2 teaspoon water at a time until you
reach proper consistency.

How to Ice:
Use your first batch of “thick” royal icing and outline the shapes in the cookie you want to separate for different colors.

Let the outlines dry for around a half hour or until hard. Then add a couple teaspoons (one at a time) to your icing and mix well. The icing consistency will be very loose and liquid-like. Slowly “flood” the inside of the outlined shapes.

Some people use piping bags, but I find bottles easer to ice cookies

The final result: beautiful Slingshot SEO and Little 500/spring themed cookies. Not too shabby for a first time royal ice-r?

Happy Little 5! Bike on!

Bon Appétit!
Chef Maggie
Read more of Chef Maggie’s blogs at http://www.mycookingloveaffair.com/

Alyssa Goldman is a junior at Indiana University majoring in journalism and gender studies. Alyssa aspires to be an editor at a women’s magazine writing about women’s issues and feminism. Alyssa has served as city & state editor and special publications editor for the Indiana Daily Student, IU’s award-winning student newspaper. She has also interned at Chicago Parent magazine, the IU Office of University Communications and Today’s Chicago Woman magazine. Currently, she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, Ind., and loves being a Campus Correspondent for HC! In her spare time, Alyssa enjoys watching The Bad Girls Club, The Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives (of any city); listening to Lady Gaga; drinking decaf skinny vanilla soy lattes from Starbucks; reading magazines; and shopping and eating with her girls on IU’s infamous Kirkwood Avenue.