Makeup Essentials for Spring Break 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

With spring break right around the corner, countless collegiettes are beginning to plan for their respective plans. To lesson your load, we have compiled a list of the hottest spring break makeup trends straight from the runways just for you!

A natural, matte complexion creates a timeless look and balances out skin tone for lounging poolside. Matte makeup will rid your skin of shiny spots or oils and lasts longer during the day so you can stay out and soak up more rays. Matte makeup has a whipped consistency that falls somewhere between a liquid and powder. Opt for muted colors that create a natural look. A common matte foundation is Dream Matte Mousse by Maybelline. With matte makeup, avoid looking washed out by applying a gentle swipe of bronzer over your cheeks to create a natural glow.

To draw attention to your eyes, open up your baby blues (or whatever color they may be) with bare eye mascara! It’s amazing what an eyelash curler and a good tube of mascara can do for you. This Twiggy inspired look is all about your lashes, creating an effortless and beautiful face. Spend the day splashing in the waves by nabbing this look with waterproof mascara such as Covergirl’s LashBlast Volume Blasting Waterproof Mascara.

Complete your natural beach look with the final touch of nude lipstick. Don’t let this trend get the best of you. Look for nude shades that have coral or pink undertones so as not make your lips look washed out. The hint of color will gracefully frame your smile.

Take your day look straight from the beach to a night out on the town by simply adding brightly colored eyeliner. Glide a streak of gold eyeliner across your lids to create a bronze beach beauty glow, or shake things up with turquoise alluding to your playful personality. We like Urban Decay’s 24/7 Glide On eyeliner pencils.

This spring, let your natural beauty shine through, let loose, and have fun!

IU Broadcast Journalism student with a concentration in French, and a minor in Communication and culture. Fashion mogul and reading enthusiast.
Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes