This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

This Thanksgiving break, I was lucky enough to vacation in a place I get to call a second home, Lake Tahoe. This beautiful winter wonderland is filled with small towns, amazing food and incredible views. This lake is nuzzled in the middle of a couple mountain ranges giving it the most unreal ambience, summer lake vibes AND winter skiing haven. 

Most of the places you can stay that range from hotels to airbnb’s are nestled in the mountains or right on the shore of the many Tahoe beaches. It’s a very lowkey place and most of the towns there are never nearly as packed as some other vacation towns across the country. There are various little towns to walk around, shop at and eat- the pest part is, none of them are more than 30 minutes from one another. There’s North Star, Truckee, Tahoe City, Incline Village, King’s Beach and more. And what’s really cool is that one second you can be in Nevada and the next California as the lake is settled right on the border of the two states. 

No matter what season it is, there is ALWAYS something to do. It’s a very nature oriented place so make sure you’re ready for some adventure. From summer activities like water-skiing, paddle-boarding and hiking to winter activities like skiing, snowmobiling and roasting marshmallows (my favorite), there is always something fun to do with family and friends. And most importantly no matter what you’re doing, you will always have the most amazing view.