Jaclyn Fenwick Crowned Miss IU 2011

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

This past Sunday, March 27, 12 IU women competed in the Miss Indiana University 2011 pageant- a precurser to Miss Indiana and Miss America. HCIU photographer Lauren Waiz got up close and personal with the women as they answered tough interview questions (Submitted by HCIU staff writers!), modeled swimsuits and gowns, performed various talents, and competed for $3,000 worth of scholarships and prizes. At the close of the event, Vincennes native, Jaclyn Fenwick, was crowned Miss IU. 

Molly Johnson is a junior studying journalism and political science at Indiana University. She is originally from a small town in Northwest Indiana, though traveling is one of her passions. She has studied abroad in Dublin, Ireland and Seoul, South Korea- both of which were life-changing experiences. Molly loves to read and write, and has been a reporter and desk editor at the Indiana Daily Student, IU's award-winning student newspaper, for three years. Currently she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, IN. Molly plans to go on to graduate school and then pursue a career as a writer. She hopes, one day, to write a book.