IU From a Freshman’s Perspective : No Motivation!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Hi Her Campus!

There’s only a few more days before Spring Break! And as usual before all breaks, I’m finding zero motivation for anything.

With midterms and pre-break wrap-ups going on in class, now’s not the ideal time to only want to sit in bed all day and watch Glee.

However, I just need to buckle down and keep focused until Friday at 2:15 p.m. I try to tell myself that all the work and studying will make spring break seem that much more relaxing, but it’s just not working.

The up and down of Bloomington weather also isn’t helping. One week it’s 70 degrees and the next it’s 32 and snowing. I’m ready for some consistency or at least to never have to put on my winter jacket again. I’m waiting for those beautiful Bloomington afternoons where I actually enjoy walking to class.

Finally, the lull in TV shows is the final straw that broke this camel’s back. Now I only have Facebook to distract me, and without my weekly dose of Gossip Girl, I actually have to focus and not go off into an imaginary world of the Upper East Side and social media.

It won’t be that bad. I just have to keep thinking, only four more days until Florida.

I hope everyone is feeling a little bit more motivated than me, and if not, will one Glee episode really hurt you?

~Nicole the Freshman

Molly Johnson is a junior studying journalism and political science at Indiana University. She is originally from a small town in Northwest Indiana, though traveling is one of her passions. She has studied abroad in Dublin, Ireland and Seoul, South Korea- both of which were life-changing experiences. Molly loves to read and write, and has been a reporter and desk editor at the Indiana Daily Student, IU's award-winning student newspaper, for three years. Currently she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, IN. Molly plans to go on to graduate school and then pursue a career as a writer. She hopes, one day, to write a book.