IU Campus Cutie: Vince Zito

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Full name: Vincent Joseph Zito
Nickname(s): Vin, Vince, Vinnie
Year: Senior
Hometown: Fallston, Maryland
Major: Journalism
Greek Affiliation: Pi Kappa Alpha
Relationship Status: In a relationship
Dream Job: Working for or with the federal government (as a press secretary when I’m young and as a lobbyist when I’m old).
Favorite Movie: Goodfellas
Favorite Singer/Band: Pearl Jam

HCIU: Tell us a fun fact about yourself…something most people don’t know.
Vince: Purdue was the first college I was accepted to when I was a senior in high school. Since I’m out of state and didn’t know anyone in Indiana anyway, It was pretty much a coin toss between going there and going to IU.

HCIU: Thank goodness you didn’t pick Purdon’t! What do you like to do during your free time?
Vince: I like to read to keep up with DC politics as much as possible, but besides that I like to run or go to my favorite Bloomington bars with my friends.

HCIU: What’s your best memory from college?
Vince: Definitely the spring breaks: so either Windsor, Canada or Panama City, Florida but this year’s spring break (a Caribbean cruise) will top both.

HCIU: What’s your favorite spot on campus?
Vince: Wright Quad- I lived in Wright as a freshman and have a lot of fun memories of it.

HCIU: As far as graduation goes,  are you excited or are you dreading it?
Vince: Neither, I’m dealing with it. It has to happen sooner or later, and I’ve accepted that. I definitely never wanted to be that person who finished college early, but still don’t want to be that guy who’s here ’till he’s in his 30s

HCIU: Do you have anything left to do on your bucket list before graduation? 
Vince: (Besides having sex in the stacks of the library?) But seriously: one more spring break, one more birthday celebration, one more Little 500, and an awesome graduation party to wrap up the greatest four years of my life.

HCIU: What are your plans for after graduation?
Vince: No idea yet! If I don’t find a job in Indy or Chicago I’ll be back home finding a writing/ government related job in Washington D.C.

HCIU: How would you describe your personality?
Vince: Easy going, active, always looking ahead

HCIU: What’s the first thing you notice about a girl? 
Vince: Height (although my girlfriend is only just over 5 foot). But tan skin and dark eyes will do the trick.

HCIU: What’s the most romantic thing you’ve done for your girlfriend?
Vince: Cooking dinner. I mean she took me to Niagara Falls for New Years so I can’t really top that.

Alyssa Goldman is a junior at Indiana University majoring in journalism and gender studies. Alyssa aspires to be an editor at a women’s magazine writing about women’s issues and feminism. Alyssa has served as city & state editor and special publications editor for the Indiana Daily Student, IU’s award-winning student newspaper. She has also interned at Chicago Parent magazine, the IU Office of University Communications and Today’s Chicago Woman magazine. Currently, she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, Ind., and loves being a Campus Correspondent for HC! In her spare time, Alyssa enjoys watching The Bad Girls Club, The Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives (of any city); listening to Lady Gaga; drinking decaf skinny vanilla soy lattes from Starbucks; reading magazines; and shopping and eating with her girls on IU’s infamous Kirkwood Avenue.