IU Campus Cutie: Latif Alam

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Name: Latif Alam
Year: Senior
Hometown: Lake Forest, Ill.
Greek Affiliation: Kappa Sigma
Relationship Status: In a relationship
Major: Double majoring in Finance and International Business
Dream Job: Chief Financial Officer of a Fortune 500 company
Favorite Movie: Blazing Saddles
Favorite Band: Steve Miller Band
Favorite Book: The Bourne Series
(Photos by Christina Chung.)

Tell us a fun fact about yourself. 
I am a licensed carpet pilot and that is how I’m getting to Fort Lauderdale for this Spring Break.

Do you know what you want to do after graduation?
I am working for Discover Financial Services and living with one of my best friends in downtown Chicago.

What is your favorite spot on IU’s campus? 
SRSC or the Arboretum

What do you do in your free time? 
Play soccer/sports, hang out with friends, and play guitar.

How would you describe your personality?
Energetic, sociable, easy-going, and compassionate.

How would you describe your personal style? 
It’s a mix. I like athletic clothing such as a soccer jersey, and/or a Ralph Lauren polo and designer jeans.

What’s the most romantic thing you’ve done for a girl? 
A girl I was seeing was upset so I went to her place, put on her favorite song, and danced with her.

What’s the first thing you notice about a girl? 
The first thing I notice is how they carry themselves. I ask myself, “Do they seem easy going and are they going to be fun to talk to?

What is your favorite memory in college thus far? 
Wining the indoor intramural soccer tournament through my house Kappa Sigma. We were losing and the score was 0-4 and then we ended up winning 5-4 in overtime

Alyssa Goldman is a junior at Indiana University majoring in journalism and gender studies. Alyssa aspires to be an editor at a women’s magazine writing about women’s issues and feminism. Alyssa has served as city & state editor and special publications editor for the Indiana Daily Student, IU’s award-winning student newspaper. She has also interned at Chicago Parent magazine, the IU Office of University Communications and Today’s Chicago Woman magazine. Currently, she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, Ind., and loves being a Campus Correspondent for HC! In her spare time, Alyssa enjoys watching The Bad Girls Club, The Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives (of any city); listening to Lady Gaga; drinking decaf skinny vanilla soy lattes from Starbucks; reading magazines; and shopping and eating with her girls on IU’s infamous Kirkwood Avenue.