HCIU Summer Music Recap

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

So summer is over but you’re still not over the festivals you went to, the songs you sang drunkenly at the top of your lungs, or the music that reminds you of driving with the windows open on full blast.  Luckily for you, here is a recap of summer 2014’s music memories.

Summer Festival Season came and went and left us with great memories but no money.  But hey, memories over money, right?  Music festivals this summer were a huge hit among our generation as well as our parents generation.  Artists ranging from Elton John to Kanye West to Skrillex and Lorde, there was definitely a stage or two at every festival for every kind of music listener.  Top festivals this summer (and all summers, really) were Bonnaroo, EDC, Made in America, SXSW, and Lollapalooza. 

The EDM wave definitely hit mainstream this summer.  Hits like “Summer” by Calvin Harris and “Latch” by Disclosure were songs played at those parties over the summer where it felt so good to be home and outside you let your hair down and your voice carry as you sang at the top of your lungs. Of course Queen Bey was still killin’ it all summer with hers and Jay-Z’s On the Run tour which was the tour of the summer, I mean could you have expected anything less from the Carter’s? 

We’re lovin’ how the ladies seemed to take the summer by storm and this trend has carried into the fall, like Iggy Azalea and her new hit with Rita Ora “Black Widow” and Ariana Grande with “Break Free” (every girl’s guilty pleasure, don’t lie) and of course T-Swift is killin it with her infectious tune “Shake it Off”! We know these are all on your pregame playlist! 

So many artists are releasing albums in the coming weeks and you know HCIU will be keeping all our lovely collegiettes up to date with all the music happenings this fall! So keep checking in and for now just “Shake it Off” (We know you want to) 

http://yoganonymous.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Festivals.jpg