HC Indiana + Teen Vogue!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

In anticipation of Hoosier Hysteria, Indiana University’s exciting way of kicking off basketball season, Her Campus Indiana celebrated in our own way by handing out goodies to attendees at Assembly Hall on October 4.

Thanks to Teen Vogue, we were able to help our fellow Hoosiers celebrate in style with products such as Vera Wang perfume, St. Tropez self tanner, the cutest army green backpack and more. In order to receive products from our Teen Vogue trunk, collegiettes were asked simple IUBB trivia. Everyone was a good sport (no pun intended) for participating, so we made sure everyone walked away with something special.

Grand prize winners got to pick from an assortment of chic clothes. My personal favorites were the knit crop sweaters from Nasty Gal. It’s a perfect summer-fall transitional piece. Garnier Fructis ensured our hair will be looking silky for days thanks to their hydra-recharge packets. Shampoo, conditioner, and a moisture treatment samples all in one packet? We have a feeling spa days are in the near future for some of our winners!

Besides hydrating hair products from Garnier, the products we received from Maybelline will leave some of our collegiettes with big, bold lashes no matter what the occasion. Their, The Falsies Big Eyes mascara comes with two brushes! One for the upper lashes, and one to magnify the lower lashes. Whether your in for a late night study session or standing in line for a T-shirt at Kilroy’s on Thursday, you can guarantee this mascara will have you looking bright eyed and beautiful. 

And what could go hand-in-hand with spa days and beauty makeovers besides a mini-shopping spree? Thanks to H&M, many of our collegiettes left the event with discount cards from the popular retailer. We can especially appreciate those since H&M is opening a new store in College Mall this fall! There’s no word yet on when the store will be opening, but we bet we’ll see you there.

A special thanks to Teen Vogue for allowing us to participate in this event. Check back soon for photos!

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes