Fall in (love with) Bloomington

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Every Hoosier will tell you.

Fall in Bloomington is a beautiful, dizzying collage of red and orange and yellow, cashmere scarves and riding boots, pumpkin carving and pumpkin spice lattes, bonfires in backyards and beer pong on porches.

We’re finally hitting the books (Farewell, summer!), catching our strides and testing every combination of cream and crimson for the best homecoming get-ups. (Think face paint and pin-striped overalls.)

It’s the perfect example of right place, right time.

Heat wave, in October? That’s Indiana for you. Erika and I shed our cardigans to walk around campus and enjoy the 80-degree weather.

We spot a dancer breaking it down outside of the Collins Living-Learning Center. Nutella Fest III, an all-day musical festival where students are encouraged to indulge in jars and jars of the creamy confection, featured musical acts of all styles. (Read more about it here.)

Do I have anything in my teeth? (Capturing Erika Hall ’12 covered in Nutella is my duty as her BFF. Here’s one for the scrapbook!)

Any given view could be on a postcard. Have we mentioned we love Bloomington?

Leaf fight! Just another spontaneous act of fall love.

Have any wonderful fall shots?
Add yours to the collage: 
DaniellePaquette@HerCampus.com.

Photos by AJ O’Reilly

Danielle Paquette is a junior (2012) at Indiana University studying Journalism, French and Human Sexuality. Fueled by caffeine and passion, the 20-year-old aspiring reporter adores Eurotrips, sand volleyball and Blair Waldorf's caustic wit.