This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

IU just had its first basketball game, plans for Thanksgiving break are being made, and many students are getting a little bit of a break after midterms. Obviously, this week some of my favorite things are the upcoming events along with the little things that remind me of home and brighten up any day. 

Dogs.
As an avid dog lover, I have been going through dog-withdrawal since arriving at IU. One of the reasons that I am so excited for Thanksgiving break is to have the chance to see my dog again and take her on walks. Seeing dogs around campus always makes my day!

DeBrands Chocolate.
This chocolate factory based out of my hometown of Fort Wayne makes THE best chocolate in the world, I’m convinced. It made Oprah’s Favorite Things list and makes other chocolate fanatics favorite lists as well.

Simple crafts.
On rainy fall days when there is not much to do other than stay in, my roommate and I love to curl up to watch a movie and make a simple and cheap craft that will brighten up our room. These paper flowers only took twenty minutes to make and have added color and cheer to our room.

PrismaColors.
These are by far my favorite art supplies. Although they look like regular colored pencils, they color as smoothly as pastels without the added mess. PrismaColor colored pencils are worth their heftier price tag.

IU Basketball.
“This is Indiana, yeah we do it big. Bossin’ on the Big Ten, you know what it is…” These words from Brice Fox and Daniel Weber’s hit song have echoed throughout campus this weekend with the start of IU basketball season, which is (for most) one of the best parts of IU. Between the team and biggest fan section in the nation, how could it not?

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes