The Ed Westwick Rape Allegations: What You Need to Know

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

According to the Huffington Post, “Gossip Girl” star and teen heartthrob Ed Westwick is being investigated by the Los Angeles Police Department after being accused of raping two women.

According to Christina Cohen, Westwick’s first alleged victim, Cohen went to Westwick’s house for a dinner and later woke up in Westwick’s guest bedroom. Westwick forcefully held her down and engaged in sexual intercourse with her at his home in Hollywood Hills. The rape allegedly occurred in February of 2014.

Westwick denies this claim and responded via Twitter, “I do not know this woman. I have never forced myself in any manner, on any woman. I certainly have never committed rape.”

Days after Cohen came forward with this claim, another woman came forward via Facebook. Aurélie Wynn allegedly states that Westwick sexually assaulted her in July of 2014 in a house she was renting. She claims that Westwick pushed her to the ground and ripped her one-piece bathing suit off of her. Wynn noted that Westwick passed out after the alleged incident. She was later picked up by a friend.

Westwick has yet to comment on Wynn’s claim.

*Title Image Source