Dress To Impress: Little 5 Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

The infamous Little 500 week is rapidly approaching. With it only a day away, many sorority girls have been faced with a more challenging task than the week of blackout ahead of them: what to wear to the many theme parties of the week. CEO’s and Office Hoes, we all know that is the classiest of them all. And what about the classic highlighter/paint party? Been there, done that. Around the world. TAILGATE (personal favorite). Redneck ball. Please, give me a swig of Karkov at the thought of this.

On the other hand, we can give our livers a little rest. HCIU presents…

The ever-popular RAVE:

Throw on whatever neon in sight. Dress tight. Dress bright. This is about the only time it is socially acceptable to make it look like a rainbow threw up on you. EMBRACE IT.

Mathletes and Athletes:

Let’s be real here, boys love nothing more than a girl sporting their favorite NBA team’s jersey, spandex shorts and converse. Girls can’t deny the hottie at the bar with the thick-rimmed glasses and button down. Hear he is in Kelley? Might as well put a ring on it. This theme is an all around win-win.

ABC party (Anything But Clothes):

This requires some major creativity. Put those brain cells to use for once and come up with anything you’ve got to spare. Beer boxes, garbage bags, duct tape, saran wrap (remember it’s translucent, no one wants to see your hu-ha), or caution tape. Honestly, the crazier the better. All you need is some heavy-duty tape or a needle and thread and you’re ready to go.

FOAM party:

My best advice: lay off the Pizza X for the next week. Foam parties are meant to get down and dirty. One of the rare occasions wearing your bikini to the frats is not seen as slutty.  Although I am the last person to deny late night Fortune Cookie or Jimmy John’s, it’s the price to pay to look good in tomorrow’s Facebook album.

WTF Party:

Dress in the most ridiculous thing crammed into your dorm room’s closet. Leopard jumper? Perfectly acceptable. Leftover Karkov bottle transformed into a hat? Who’s judging. Consider it a compliment when the frat star at the bar kindly says, “What the F@#%?!”

Rachel Kaplan is currently a Junior at Indiana University. She is an active writer and Campus Correspondent for the IU Chapter of Her Campus. Rachel is majoring in Journalism with a double minor in Art History and Studio Art. While originally from Philadelphia, she hopes to move to New York City after graduation and pursue a career in Public Relations. Often found in Starbucks, Rachel loves to sip on her iced coffee while she writes, edits, and brainstorms articles for HCIU. Rachel is a proud sister of Alpha Epsilon Phi and is looking forward to living in the Phi house next year. She loves tennis, writing, OPI nail polish, the Hoosiers, gummy bears, and spending time with her family and friends.Follow Rachel on twitter: @_rachelkaplan & @HerCampusIU