Cookie of the Month: Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

There are just some things in life that are a perfect match. Salt and pepper. Ketchup and mustard. The best of the best, however, would be chocolate and peanut butter. I don’t need to explain what magic occurs when the two are combined. You should know the drill. It’s freaking good.

This explains my addiction to Reese’s peanut butter cups as well as Oreo’s dipped in peanut butter (thank you Parent Trap for changing my life).

This month, Ryan gave me the secret ingredient to incorporate in his cookie package. He wanted peanut butter. So, I got really excited when my mom sent me this recipe from a friend.

Peanut butter blossom cookies are simple. Put the peanut butter cookie dough in the oven and then put a chocolate Kiss on top the minute you pull them out.

To sum it up quickly. Simple. Delicious. A Perfect Combination.

Peanut Butter Blossom Cookies

Ingredients

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine (1 stick)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
48 milk chocolate kisses (unwrapped)

Directions
1. In large mixer bowl stir flour, baking soda, and salt. Add remaining ingredients,except kisses, and beat at low speed with mixer until well combined, scraping bowl occasionally.
2. Chill dough 30 minutes in refrigerator.
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Roll small amounts of dough into 1 inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 12 minutes until light brown.
5. Remove from oven and immediately press a kiss into center of each cookie. (cookie will crack around the edges)

Bon Appétit!
Chef Maggie

Want even more yummy-ness? Check out Maggie’s blog at http://www.mycookingloveaffair.com.

Alyssa Goldman is a junior at Indiana University majoring in journalism and gender studies. Alyssa aspires to be an editor at a women’s magazine writing about women’s issues and feminism. Alyssa has served as city & state editor and special publications editor for the Indiana Daily Student, IU’s award-winning student newspaper. She has also interned at Chicago Parent magazine, the IU Office of University Communications and Today’s Chicago Woman magazine. Currently, she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, Ind., and loves being a Campus Correspondent for HC! In her spare time, Alyssa enjoys watching The Bad Girls Club, The Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives (of any city); listening to Lady Gaga; drinking decaf skinny vanilla soy lattes from Starbucks; reading magazines; and shopping and eating with her girls on IU’s infamous Kirkwood Avenue.