Campus Spotlight: Soma Coffee House & Juice Bar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

It’s finally that time of year again!  Fall semester is officially here, and with that comes the dreaded homework and exams.  If studying at the library is not your cup of tea (see what I did there?) and you find that you work better in a smaller, less crowded place or if you’re just in the mood to hangout at one of Bloomington’s trendiest spots, then you need to check out Soma Coffee House & Juice Bar.  Located on Kirkwood, Soma is a community favorite with an edge.  What sets Soma apart from other coffee shops is the creativity that goes into each item.  From the name of the drink to the actual flavor combinations, Soma’s refreshments are one of a kind.  You’ll find everything from smoothies to specialty lattes to freshly squeezed juices on the menu, including vegan and gluten-free baked goods.  The food and drinks are not only what makes Soma a Bloomington hot spot.  The relaxing atmosphere along with the friendlieness of the staff and customers as well as the luxury of both indoor and outdoor work areas makes each visit enjoyable.   

Whether you’re looking for a new place to study or somewhere to catch up with friends over coffee, this hipster hangout is the perfect spot.  

Location: 322 E. Kirkwood Ave.

Hours:

• Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
  • Saturday 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
  • Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.

Website:  www.iheartsoma.com

Victoria Scheller is a Junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in Journalism with a specialization in Public Relations and Advertising. Besides being a contributing writer for HCIU, Tori is an active member of Zeta Tau Alpha at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include fashion, beauty, big cities, country music and hot sauce. She also spends an ungodly amount of time updating her personal blog, Victoria Grace @ http://victoriagracescheller.blogspot.com