Campus Cutie: Chika Prince Kalu Agwu

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

Name:
Chika Prince Kalu Agwu
Year: Freshman
Hometown: Houston, Texas
Relationship Status: Complicated (in a good way though, she’s going to be mine!)
Major: Business (Management)
Dream Job: High School basketball coach (After I finish making all my money in the business world)
Favorite Movie: Wedding Crashers
Favorite Band: Lil Wayne
Favorite Sports Team: Houston Rockets

HCIU: Tell us something about yourself that not a lot of people.
Chika: I am a very outgoing person with extremely high confidence, but it took me years to get over my self-consciousness. As I grew into the man I am today, I have been more comfortable with who I am compared to how I was when I was a young boy.

HCIU: We just did an article about different types of guys to meet around campus. Which one would you say you are and why? (The Jock, The Romantic, The Geek, The Smart One, The Frat Boy, The Prep, The Tree Hugger, The Funny one)
Chika: Although I do not continue to play sports like I did in high school, I still consider myself a jock. The reason I still consider myself a  jock is because I still have a jock’s attributes and characteristics, for instance my looks. I’m tall, my biceps are always bulging, my pectorals rival those of Pamela Anderson but nice and hard, and you can use my abs to slice steak. Also I am still very confident in all of my abilities. I do not want to sell myself short so I will also say that I fit the characteristics of “The Funny one.”

HCIU: If you could switch lives with any person who would it be and why?
Chika: If I could switch places with anyone, it would be the rapper Wale. He makes great music that I love and respect. I love to listen to music and wish I could voice my opinions to the world just like he does. He likes to do the same things I like to do. He is also young and African so I wouldn’t be straying too far away from who I really am. I always have to stay true to myself though.

HCIU: If you’re single, are you looking? And if you’re in a relationship what’s your favorite thing about your girl?
Chika: When I am looking for a girl, the favorite attribute that I look for is a nice smile. It doesn’t matter if you have a small gap or crooked teeth; it’s all about how you wear the smile. I believe that every girl has a beautiful smile; they just need the confidence to show it off. Once that confidence is shown, I know I have a winner.

HCIU: What’s your biggest turn off when it comes to girls?
Chika: The biggest turn off in a girl is a girl that is shy without a sense of humor. I am a very outgoing guy who needs someone to hold a solid conversation. And if a girl laughs at my jokes that’s a plus.

HCIU: What’s your favorite place on campus?
Chika: My favorite place on campus is an easy choice, the SRSC. Playing basketball has always been my favorite pastime. I love improving how my body looks, and I love checking out the girls even more. The whole aspect of people going to a single place to improve their body and getting healthier is something that I admire and enjoy being a part of.

HCIU: I feel like everyone on campus knows you. What makes you so popular?
Chika: To start my name is Chika Prince Kalu Agwu. When I tell people my name, it’s kind of hard to forget because it’s so unique. The campus is also predominantly white. Nothing is wrong with that, but I am a six foot one black man with a mohawk. My looks are just as unique and fly as my name. All of these attributes get me noticed and remembered. When you get to know me, I am just a cool personable guy who is easy to get along with. People are usually drawn to me.

HCIU: It’s been so cold lately, how have you been spending your time?
Chika: I’m a down south kid from Texas so I have not been too pleased with the weather. It has interfered with my will to go to class, especially if the class is on Third Street. So I will have to say I spend most of my time in my dorm room just chilling.

HCIU: Describe yourself in one word.
Chika: Swag

HCIU: If you had a million dollars what would you do with it?
Chika: I would immediately pay off all four years of my schooling. Being a businessman I am no fool, so I would invest 50 percent of what is left and put it into a compound interest bank account. I would then donate the rest of my money to charity. This would be true if I could find myself to resist renaming the Herman B Wells library to the “Chika Prince Kalu Agwu is just oh so Fly” library. I have a strong will so I’m pretty sure that I would go with the first option.

Courtney Kabbes is a junior at Indiana University. She is majoring in journalism with a concentration in apparel merchandising. When she's not busy updating Her Campus IU and promoting their site, she works as the Vice President of Social Media for the Retail Studies Organization and Ed2010 at Indiana. Some of her favorite things include shopping, mint chocolate chip ice cream, New York City, Bikram yoga, and spending time with her two favorite people: her mother and sister. Did we forget to mention her slight obsession with Pinterest? www.pinterest.com/ckabbes
Alyssa Goldman is a junior at Indiana University majoring in journalism and gender studies. Alyssa aspires to be an editor at a women’s magazine writing about women’s issues and feminism. Alyssa has served as city & state editor and special publications editor for the Indiana Daily Student, IU’s award-winning student newspaper. She has also interned at Chicago Parent magazine, the IU Office of University Communications and Today’s Chicago Woman magazine. Currently, she is interning at Bloom, a city magazine in Bloomington, Ind., and loves being a Campus Correspondent for HC! In her spare time, Alyssa enjoys watching The Bad Girls Club, The Jersey Shore and The Real Housewives (of any city); listening to Lady Gaga; drinking decaf skinny vanilla soy lattes from Starbucks; reading magazines; and shopping and eating with her girls on IU’s infamous Kirkwood Avenue.