10 GIFs to Mark the 10-Year Anniversary of The OC

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IU chapter.

This past week marks the 10th anniversary since the series finale of our favorite early-2000s teen drama, The OC. It’s been ten whole years since Sandy Cohen brought home the infamous bad-boy Ryan Atwood, and we couldn’t be more thankful that he did. Not only did the The OC give us a glimpse into the lives of the rich and fabulous living in Southern California, but more importantly it introduced us to the most iconic foursome of all time. Just try to name another squad as impressive as Ryan, Seth, Marissa, and Summer. I’ll wait…

I cannot believe a whole decade’s passed since we last saw Ryan wearing a wife beater, Sandy’s eyebrows, and a blacked out Marissa Cooper. I can’t believe it’s been that long since Seth stood up on the coffee cart and declared his love for Summer (we all know they were the better couple), since Julie Cooper was the ultimate, gold-digging, manipulative bitch of Newport, and since Ryan ended up with ugh, none other than TAYLOR TOWNSEND.

So in honor of Tijuana, bagels, and Chrismukkah, here are 10 OC GIFs to brighten up your day and/or make you feel incredibly old.

Image Title Credit*