Gone with the Wind
Gone with the Wind
Selznick International Pictures
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

What Love Feels Like For A Hopeless Romantic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

It’s like being in a movie; love revolves around me constantly. The entire capacity of how love feels to me is difficult to explain. It feels like floating in the clouds at night; freeing, uplifting. Love, to me, is being trapped in a beautiful painting for eternity. Romance flows through my bloodstream; all my thoughts revolve around it. I get lost in daydreams about it. I always found myself dreaming about it, even during the day. These are the types of thoughts that I let myself get washed away in, and I wouldn’t want anything else. 

Love neon sign
Shaira Dela Peña on Unsplash

Love is so freeing to experience. It is such a beautiful feeling because not everyone can feel it. It’s like dancing in the rain during a thunderstorm but not caring about whether the lightning will strike you, and instead enjoying how the rain felt on your skin. 

i love you card
Naomi Irons on Unsplash
To me, love is its own entity and it’s more powerful than anything I can experience. My romantic thoughts are overwhelming, but they make me feel like all my pain/angst/sadness goes away. I will stare into the sky and think about love. For example, just today, even I laid on my balcony, eyes to the clouds and I thought about love and how it feels like floating on clouds, away from reality. Love lingers in my thoughts even when reality hits. I’m always thinking about when love will reach me, or if it ever will but nonetheless, the idea of romance and love is something I enjoy experiencing.

flower vase bouquet
Leonardo Wong on Unsplash
I also do believe that somewhere or at some points my thoughts align with reality but the thing with being a hopeless romantic is that reality is mostly different.

I'm a business administration major here at Ithaca College and I enjoy writing about things that mean a lot to me!