element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital fuZWqL1C2rM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top 5 Hallmark Movies to Watch This Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Hallmark’s Countdown to Christmas gets me excited every year! The cheesy romance movies are all pretty much the same, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy them! Here’s a quick list of some of my favorites.

Christmas Under Wraps

A doctor (yes, that is DJ from Full House) moves to the small town of Garland, Alaska to work in a clinic. She quickly begins to fall in love with a man who teaches her that life isn’t always about the destination, but rather how you get there.

Journey Back to Christmas

A World War II nurse (who is also DJ from Full House) time travels to modern-day Christmastime and learns the true meaning of Christmas from a family man. 

A Royal Christmas

Who doesn’t dream about becoming a princess? In this movie, a young woman finds out her boyfriend is actually a prince! She visits his family for Christmas and tries to get the approval of her boyfriend’s parents.

A Crown for Christmas

A young woman becomes a nanny for a European princess. As she beings to connect with the princess, she falls in love with the girl’s father, King Maximillian. As the two begin to realize their feelings for each other, another royal is trying to win over the king’s heart.

Sleigh Bells Ring 

A single mother is in charge of her small town’s Christmas parade this year but is having a hard time getting into the holiday spirit. With a little help building a sleigh from a handsome handyman, she’s able to find what Christmas means to her and her family. 

McKinley is a Senior Public and Community Health Major who drinks too much coffee and stays up too late.
Allaire is an inquisitive and confident lady who loves to watch reruns of her favorite shows (Bones anyone?) and enjoy the finer things in life like sand in between her toes, the sun on her skin and chocolate ice cream. Allaire is a senior Sociology major and Women and Gender Studies minor with aspirations to be a human rights lawyer and a songwriter. She is passionate about music, traveling and social justice.