This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Extravagant. Bold. Artistic. The theme was “Camp: Notes on Fashion” which brought the art into fashion, allowing us to see the impact of creativity and expression.This years Met Gala was anything but ordinary. With celebrities in colorful and over the top garments, we couldn’t expect their makeup to be less than extraordinary. Here are the top 10 beauty looks from this year’s Met Gala.  

1. Priyanka Chopra

As said on Twitter, “Everybody say thank u Priyanka.” The white eyeliner, frosted eyebrows, blush pink cheeks, all we can say is, the theme was “Camp,” and Priyanka delivered.

2. Cara Delevingne

The simple orange stripe going across Cara’s face shows just how much makeup can complete any look. This colorful ensemble showed the bright and bold side of Camp.

3. Kristen Stewart

Orange hair and bleached yellow eyebrows? We think YES. Kristen Stewart looked as fierce as ever with a smokey eye to contrast her black and white attire.

4. Awkwafina

Are you kidding me?

5. Laverne Cox

Laverne Cox made her presence known as she walked the Met Gala for the first time this year. The beautiful makeup she had was a literal masterpiece. From the blue shadow blended perfectly into the foiled cat eye to the bright fuchsia lip, we couldn’t be more excited for what she has up her sleeve for next year.

6. Lily Collins

We don’t know where to start: the purple eyeshadow, the 60s’ inspired hair, or the padded headband. All of it just makes sense on Lily Collins.

7. Billy Porter

The best way to explain this look is with a quote from Billy himself, “It’s just about showing up and being the best bitch you can be.” Need we say more?

8. Lady Gaga

Two words: Foiled. Lashes.

9. Ezra Miller

We’re getting some serious, “a man with no face is a man with many faces” GoT vibes. Pure art, Ezra Miller.

10. Lupita Nyong’o

A beautiful masterpiece. Lupita Nyong’o shined in glittery lids, drawn on brows, and made a powerful statement with her embellished hair-picked afro.

If i'm not telling you how obsessed I am with my dog, then I'm probably telling you how obsessed I am with all things beauty. 
Gillian was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Ithaca from September 2018 to May 2019. She was a journalism major and anthropology minor at Ithaca College and graduated in May 2019. Gillian enjoys reading, writing, Harry Potter, the Sims and grilled cheese.