Shows to Binge-Watch on Netflix Right Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

American Horror Story

It’s fall! Which means it is, in fact, the season for horror. For this, I would wholeheartedly recommend American Horror Story. If you love being disgusted, surprised and generally just freaked out, this is the perfect show for you. Not only that, but it’s as if it was made for bingeing as each season is its own story. If one season isn’t for you, you can simply head on over to the next with no worries.

Netflix Summary: “This twisted Emmy-winning drama plays upon the power of supernatural fears and everyday horrors, exploring humankind’s unsettling capacity for evil.”

Sons of Anarchy

If you love action, but you’re not that into that superhero genre, then give Sons of Anarchy a try. It is all the action you could ask for and more in a real world based setting. Also, the main characters are very likable. 

Netflix Summary: “After seizing control of its town, gun-running motorcycle club the Sons of Anarchy soon butts heads with rival bikers, racist groups, and the law.”

Chewing Gum

Possibly one of the most binge worthy shows I’ve ever seen on Netflix is Chewing Gum. If you’re into people who simply have no idea what they’re doing with their lives in a way that’s hysterical for you, but tragic for them, this is the show for you. It is the kind of show that’ll keep you on your toes in ways you couldn’t imagine. Be ready to face some of the worst second hand embarrassment of your life.

Netflix Summary: “The virginal Tracey, who was raised in a strictly religious Tower Hamlets flat, is ready to realize her potential. And the first step is having sex.”

Atypical

If you love to laugh, but an interesting plot is what keeps you wanting more, Atypical may be the perfect show for you. It’s awkward, it’s funny, and it’s strangely heartwarming. It’s the perfect show a binge-watcher could ask for – especially with only one season to its name (currently).

Netflix Summary: “When a teen on the autism spectrum decides to get a girlfriend, his bid for more independence puts his whole family on a path of self-discovery.”

The Flash

If you’re into superhero shows and/or just a complete and utter nerd, The Flash might be perfect for you. It doesn’t require much previous knowledge and you can hop right into it. Unlike many of the other superhero shows coming out these days, this should be easy enough to follow for beginners and comic book lovers alike.

Netflix Summary: “A forensics expert who wakes from a coma with amazing new powers squares off against forces threatening the city in this live-action superhero romp.” 

One-Punch Man

Whether you’re a longtime anime fan or just curious enough to try it out, One-Punch Man may be the perfect mix of everything for you. It’s strange, it’s funny and it’s full of action. More than anything though, the characters are ridiculous yet dynamic. It’s definitely worth watching and at only about 25 minutes per episode and only one season, there’s no reason not to.

Netflix Summary: “The most powerful superhero in the world can kill anyone with one blow. But nothing can challenge him, so he struggles with ennui and depression.”

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Although my name is Oyinlola, I go by Lola. I'm a Junior at Ithaca College with a major in English and minor in Psychology. I grew up around the center of Connecticut and am a first generation child of African immigrants. I very much enjoy writing about my own and others' experiences and hope to spend the rest of my life doing so.