This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

If you’ve been on the internet recently, you’ve definitely seen the pictures of Reba McEntire dressed up as KFC’s Colonel Sanders. That’s right; Reba is the new face of KFC. More specifically, she’s promoting KFC’s new Smoky Mountain BBQ flavor. When asked by her manager about taking the position, she said, “Absolutely I want to do that. Who wouldn’t want to be the first female Kentucky Fried Chicken Colonel?”

This country music legend joins other celebrities like Rob Lowe, Norm MacDonald, Jim Gaffigan and George Hamilton in representing one of the most recognizable American fast food chains, although her outfit is a little more glitzy. When asked about the getup she said, “It feels very good, and my goatee tickles a little bit…and my mustache. But I am a pretty good looking gray-haired man.”

KFC’s Chief Marketing Officer, Andrea Zahumensky, says in a recent press release, “With Reba’s southern roots and entrepreneurial spirit, she truly embodies the values of the Colonel and the crowd-pleasing flavor of our Smoky Mountain BBQ. The pairing of a universally loved music legend like Reba with a universally appealing flavor like Smoky Mountain BBQ makes what I like to call ‘Smoky Mountain Magic.’”

In the same press release, Reba says, “I grew up with Kentucky Fried Chicken. It’s part of my story, and I’m so excited to now be part of theirs. I’ve held a lot of roles in my life – sort of like the Colonel himself – but this is certainly the most unique one yet.” We agree; this is absolutely Reba’s most unique role.

1, 2, 3

McKinley is a Senior Public and Community Health Major who drinks too much coffee and stays up too late.