Meet the E-board: Profiles editor, Joanna Langdon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Major: Applied Psychology with minors in Marketing and Anthropology

Hometown: Rochester, NY

Year: Senior

Her Campus Ithaca College: How did you become involved with Her Campus?

Joanna Langdon: I first found out about Her Campus when the founder of the current IC chapter posted about it in our class Facebook page. She was still in the process of starting the club and was looking for E-board members. I applied to be the editor for what was then the Campus Cutie section, and I’ve been an editor and contributor ever since.

HCIC: What’s your favorite thing to do on or off campus?

JL: On campus, I love going to IC football games and I never miss a game. Off-campus, you can catch me going to concerts or seeing a movie at Cinemapolis.

HCIC: How does it feel to be a senior?

JL: For the most part, it feels great. I feel like I’ve come a long way since freshman year and I’m excited to start the next chapter of my life. There is a little part of me, however, that’s going to miss Ithaca and college life.

HCIC: What are your hobbies? Any music, TV shows, books or movies that you’re currently obsessed with?

JL: I finally caved in and got a subscription to Hulu, so recently I’ve been binging all the shows I didn’t get with Netflix (at the moment it’s Community). The book I’ve been hooked on is Twilight of the Elites by Chris Hayes of MSNBC. It’s about the myth of meritocracy and its relationship to the widening inequality and distrust of institutions in the US. It’s really fascinating to read and I can’t recommend it enough.

HCIC: Do you have any advice for underclassmen?

JL: Get off campus as much as you can. Ithaca is such a unique town and has so much more to offer than what goes on at IC.

Hi! I'm the Campus Correspondent for Ithaca College's Her Campus chapter and a double major in English and Politics (International Studies). I'm an equestrian, a lover of music and dance, and an aspiring writer and avid reader. While my long term goal is to teach political theory at the college level, I am planning to enter the workforce for a few years hopefully continuing to read, write, and edit. Her Campus has been my home since my freshman year, and it brings me so much joy to continue to write and run our chapter in my last year at school.