This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

That’s right! Now we can all relive the wonderful glory days of middle school, playing Mario Kart in the school cafeteria during lunchtime. Except this time, instead of playing on your 2010 silver DS with Legend of Zelda and Guitar Hero stickers, you can easily play right on your phone. According to the Daily Mail, Nintendo is now accepting applications for beta tests of the game, called Mario Kart Tour. If you were like my friends and me you probably enjoyed playing Mario Kart on your DS or maybe you were one of the cool kids who had a Wii with the controller console.  

Android users in the U.S. and Japan can sign up for the closed beta on Nintendo’s website and the program will run from May 22 to June 4 of this year. This is one of the few cases that being an Android owner actually comes in handy.

The beta tests arrive ahead of Mario Kart Tour’s official launch, which Nintendo expects to be this summer.

Mario Kart Tour will be available for both iOS and Android devices upon release.

Nintendo first revealed it was developing a Mario Kart app in early 2018 and has kept any development of the app top secret.

So,  get ready to play anywhere you want, wherever you want, with whoever you want…at least if you have an android phone at the beginning of the launch.

Morriah is a quirky but confident introvert who's absolutely obsessed with Thai food and niche film and TV. She enjoys blogging about being an introvert in an extroverted world and navigating relationships, anxiety, and body image.
Gillian was the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Ithaca from September 2018 to May 2019. She was a journalism major and anthropology minor at Ithaca College and graduated in May 2019. Gillian enjoys reading, writing, Harry Potter, the Sims and grilled cheese.