This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Year: Senior

Major: Integrated Marketing Communications

Hometown: White Plains, NY

President and Founder of IC Women Empowered

Her Campus Ithaca College: What 3 words would you say describe you best?

Manda Goldberg: Empathetic, honest, hardworking.

HCIC: What made you decide to get involved in an organization like Women Empowered?

MG: I wanted to start an organization on campus where women would feel a sense of community. The main objective of Women Empowered is to bring young women together to support, empower and build confidence in one another. I had decided that I couldn’t be the only one on campus feeling lonely at times, anxious, bad about myself, and I wanted to put an end to other women feeling that they were the only ones.

HCIC: What is your favorite part about working with the other members of the organization?

MG: Creating friendships and new relationships with young women of many different backgrounds.

HCIC: Have there been any unexpected responsibilities that come with being president of a student organization?

MG: Absolutely. There were a lot of things to learn about starting an organization from the ground up, about delegating roles, and making sure I wasn’t taking on too much on my own. It is super important to make sure you have a great executive board that you can count on, and I definitely did this year.

HCIC: How do you like to spend your weekend?

MG: Love starting my mornings off with a medium iced coffee from CTB and then seeing where my day goes from there!

HCIC: A song that’s currently stuck in your head?

MG: Never Be Like You – Flume

Joanna is a senior Applied Psychology major at Ithaca College from Rochester, NY.