Kendall Day and Festival Styles

I’m not going to lie: I’ve been planning my Kendall Day outfit for a while now. Kendall Day is a legendary day that every Ithaca College student looks forward to. It’s the last hurrah before finals week starts, and it’s a time for everyone to party together before the school year officially comes to a close. It is also officially music festival season. Kendall Day and music festivals both have the same clothing requirements: you need to be able to drink and dance while looking trendy. Here are some ideas:

The Graphic Muscle Tee

Muscle tees gives off a slightly rocker vibe, and they’re a great way to express your personality or interests. The deep-cut armholes also let you show off a bit of skin. Pair it with a funky bandeau, cut-off jean shorts and sandals or worn-in sneakers for a laid-back and ultra-cool look. (Notorious B.I.G. Muscle Tee from Forever21)

Tribal/Geometric Patterns

Colorful and vibrant tribal or geometric prints are a go-to for many festival-goers because they are fun and often flattering. Whether you choose to wear a tribal or geometric printed tank, shorts, headband or cropped tee like the one above (Heat of the Moment Crop Top, threadsence.com), these prints effortlessly elevate your boho-chic factor.      

Funky High Waisted Jean Shorts
High waisted jean shorts are a summer staple. They’re flattering, and they can be worn with a wide variety of tops. Kendall Day and summer festivals are a great place to show off statement high waisted jean shorts. Pair them with a simple top to keep your outfit from looking too busy. (Urban Renewal Rainbow Denim Short from Urban Outfitters)

Festival Accessories

Kendall Day, Bonnaroo, Firefly or other music festivals are a break from our everyday lives, so why not wear some not-so-everyday accessories? This is the perfect time to show off your creativity and have fun with glitter, jewels, studs, flowers, paint, hair chalk or really any other medium. Try dressing up a pair of plain sunglasses with studs or ceramic flowers, or buy a pair from Etsy.com user KaitlinsThings.

So enjoy these next couple of weeks, and I’ll see you at Kendall Day!
IC 2015 TV-R major. Loves holidays of all types, concerts, and exploring cities around the world.