Ithaca Girls Talking About Girls: Episode 2.08 “It’s Back.”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Ithaca chapter.

Another candid conversation with Cady Lang and Sarah Parker about Girls on HBO

Cady Lang: And we’re back. Season 2, Episode 8 – let’s go! I was so excited and a little creeped out by Adam! I’ve really missed him these past few episodes.

Sarah Parker: Yeah, I miss Adam, but he looks really rough in this episode! I still have no idea how he makes money.

CL: Also, Hannah has OCD? Maybe triggered by her book deal, but I also felt really bad for her this time. So often she creates her own problems, but this was something that she was really struggling with.

SP: Yeah you could tell she had OCD right from the beginning of the episode. At first I thought it could have been her trying to live a real problem because of her book, but no it’s actually a real problem that she’s struggled with in the past.

CL: I was happy to see that Shosh had more airtime in this episode. Have you noticed how crazy her hair is too? I also appreciated her concerns for Jessa – “Where is she? What is she wearing? Is it linen?”

SP: Haha, Jessa is always wearing linen. What is with Marnie’s pigtails? You know she’s trying to act like she doesn’t care what she looks like, but to me she finally looks normal.

CL: I thought that maybe she was trying to channel bohemian chic like Audrey? Either that or she’s just letting herself be casual now that she’s not trying to have the perfect life or impress Booth Jonathan.

SP: I love Charlie now, Marnie’s mad at herself that Charlie got successful after they broke up. Now she wants him back and can’t handle the fact that he is over her. Any girl in their 20’s that thinks a guy needs 6 years to get over her needs a serious reality check.  Everyone is Charlie’s office is way too trendy, it’s not real life.

CL: I know! It was like a Warby Parker/J.Crew hipster yuppie advertisement. Gag me. It’s definitely a little commentary on the young digital start-ups. Also, Charlie has definitely worked towards moving on, and even though Marnie broke up with him, she won’t let him go. I think he’s suspicious that she wants him for his success/status/money…but why wouldn’t he be? The first season showed how shallow she could be at times. That’s why I’ve been enjoying her more this season – she’s humanized. Also – Marnie being the inspiration for Forbid, the app he created to help people form calling their exes- ouch.

SP: I actually really love Adam? Hannah didn’t know how to use soap? She’s like a 5th grader; she is still such a baby. So is Marnie.

CL: Everybody is a baby! Shosh is lying about her name and her clubbing and instead is making out with a super attractive doorman – get it, Shanna! But actually though – how long do you think that she and Ray are going to last? And do you think that she is going to tell what happened? And Marnie and Hannah are back in sync with where they are in their lives respectively.

SP: I think this is the first time she was mad at Ray for treating her like a college girl. Shosh just realized that she disappeared from the social scene with people her age and that they are at different points in their lives. I think she’ll tell Ray, but not in the next episode, she’ll tell Marnie first.

CL: I’m really rooting for Adam’s new girlfriend – she seems really sweet and normal, despite the fact that her Linda Richman-like mama set her up with the guy that she met at Alcoholics Anonymous. I hope that Adam behaves and isn’t super creepy.

SP: I think Hannah and Adam’s relationship made Adam seem super creepy, but maybe he won’t be if he really likes this girl from the beginning. I hope it works out too; I really want Adam to be happy.

SP: Hannah’s parents are awful! I feel like they could help her more if they stop treating her like such a baby. Hannah is a baby so I can see where her parents are coming from. The dynamic between Hannah’s mom and dad is so weird. I feel like the show just had to give Hannah a real problem, something that other people can relate to besides boy/young girl in the city problems.

CL: Hannah’s mom is like the middle-aged version of Hannah. Also, what was up with Hannah’s father getting snarky too? “You’re not anorexic. I’ve seen you in a bathing suit.” I am actually concerned for Hannah and I hope that she can finish her book and manage her OCD.  There was the kind of melancholy that everyone had at the end of the episode. Two more episodes to go until the end of the season!

Cady Lang is a junior (class of 2014) at Ithaca College, where she is studying as a journalism major with English and art history minors. Cady is currently the Editor in Chief of 360 Magazine, Ithaca College's narrative style publication. She is also a staff writer and blogger for the college's award-winning newspaper, The Ithacan and a frequent contributor to Buzzsaw Magazine, the college's alternative magazine. She also has experience as an intern for Condé Nast and Diablo Magazine. She is devoted to art, culture and brunch. She hopes to pursue to a career in magazine journalism. Follow her on twitter: @cadylang.
Hi HC readers!! My name is Carly and I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Ithaca College. I am currently majoring in Integrated Marketing Communications and minoring in Communication Management and Design and the Honors Program.  When I am not focusing on my studies or Her Campus, I enjoy singing, shopping, and watching reality television shows. I love writing and I am glad I am able to express my thoughts through Her Campus Ithaca. If you go to Ithaca and would love to get involved in writing for or promoting HCIC, send me an email at carlyschneer@hercampus.com. Keep Calm and Read On!